Michael B. Jordan Says He’d Do A “Creed” Sequel

Creed” ended up being a pleasant surprise at the Thanksgiving box office, so a sequel to the continuation of the Rocky Balboa franchise isn’t too crazy an idea — and star Michael B. Jordan would be down for it.

In an interview with the Associated Press posted Saturday, Jordan said he would be game to returning to play Apollo Creed’s son, Adonis.

“A character so rich as this, and the world he’s in, I want to see what happens to him next and what he does,” Jordan said. “Especially the way it ends off, it’s pretty cool. I think with success and time and circumstances, it would be exciting to come back and work with (co-stars) Sly (Stallone) and Tessa (Thompson) again.”

“Creed” ended up bringing in a solid profit after opening on Wednesday ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday, scoring $42.6 million. With its economical budget of $35 million, Warner Bros., the studio behind the film, should have no trouble turning a profit on the sports sequel.

The new movie saw Sylvester Stallone return as Balboa, this time serving as a mentor to Michael B. Jordan’s character, the son of Balboa’s former nemesis Apollo Creed.

“Creed” was directed by Ryan Coogler, who previously directed Jordan in “Fruitvale Station.” Warner Bros. has not yet announced sequel plans.

Got the drop on Variety . . .

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s